Saturday, July 26, 2008

Playdough!!

Since it just soooo hot lately I decided to make Lauren some playdough and see how she liked it. She loves it!! Here is the recipe I used.


Things You’ll Need:
1 C Flour
1/4 C Salt
1/3 C Water
1 tsp Vegetable Oil
Food Coloring

Step1Combine flour, salt and oil in a bowl. Gently mix together.
Step2If you want colored playdough, add 2 to 3 drops of food coloring to 1/3 cup of water, otherwise use plain water. Gradually add water to dry ingredients, mixing with your fingers until smooth.
Step3Knead the dough with your hands until smooth and pliable (about 3 to 5 minutes).
Step4Return to step one and start over to make another color! Or, play with the dough right now. :)

I didn't have any food coloring so we did without but she didnt mind!! I got the cookie cutters out and she just had a blast!

Today I asked her if she wanted to help me clean the house and she got all excited and said HOUSE HOUSE! She ran to her house and put all the pieces in it and cleaned up her toys!! Then she helped me fold clothes. We still need to work on that but at least she wants to help!!

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

How cool!!! I never knew you could make PlayDough! I just bought some last week, lol!